Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Update Kb938194

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dustyprofile

dustyprofile

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:26 AM

Hi, On 9-4-2007 I wrote in the windows update about KB938194 not installing and Mow Green wrote about Windows calendar folder being deleted...To my knowledge I have never deleted a calendar and would like to know the steps to find out how to add this folder as I am not familar with windows vista at all. I have Vista 32 bit and this update says it has installed sucessfully once and failed 7 times, and of course every time I turn on the computer there it is ready to be installed again. I have turned off all security and firewall and anti-virus but it still wont install. Getting to be a pain because it constantly wants to reboot after saying it was installed and then says it failed. So I guess I am asking for a step by step guide to do what Mow has suggested.....Where is the task scheduler??? Sorry to be illerate on this. I have included the windows discussion below. Thanks for any help you can give. Dusty

See the following for an explanation of why the update is reoffered:

Vista KB938194 Appears To Install And Is Then Reoffered
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/mowg...?showentry=1162

Workaround:

Open Task Scheduler, and in the Windows folder
add a WindowsCalendar folder.
No task has to be assigned, just create the WindowsCalendar folder.
Install KB938194 now.

Moral of the story: Don't delete any folders in the Windows folder of
Scheduled Tasks. <w>

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:43 PM

See if you can get it from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 AM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:00 PM

You might also want to read this discussion:
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.p...rror+0x80070080

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#4 dustyprofile

dustyprofile
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:47 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:29 AM

Thank you Jaycee for your response really appreciate it. Well I tried to manually download this update and that did not work...I also went to the google post and did step by step to clear the data out but nothing seems to work. I did a disc check and fix error run and that did not work so I finally choose to hide this update until I can see what the next ones do...Don't know what else to do, really at a loss of why this is not going in. I did download a drive update from Nvidia at windows (which I did read somewhere that you should never download drivers from windows update but go to the manufacture and get them ) so was wondering if this may have caused a problem ?? Or was what I read not true ? Anyway thank you for the help and have a great week. Dusty

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users