Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ciceroulwindframe

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alsgateway

alsgateway

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 AM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:22 AM

Is this a malware? Can or should it be removed? If so how?
If I'm in the wrong section it just goes to show how little I know!

Also, I cannot restore using the restore fuunction...to any date either one creatd by me or a system created date. I have tried many time using many dates. Most recently the system tray display has gone awry. The power and or battery icons do not display on reboot.(and they are checked in the powe set up area).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:39 AM

Hello alsgateway and :flowers: to BC

I am sorry for this very delayed reply, hope you're still with us.

Last time i was not able to use system restore, was when my system files were totally screwed.

That is precisely why i suggest you repair your installation of your operating system.

Repairing your installation won't wipe out anything on your computer, but will fix any broken system files. The down side is that it will take a while though, should be just less than one hour.

I assume you use Windows XP so if you don't know how to repair, please click here and follow the instrucions

Good luck :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users