Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

If You Can't Fix An It Problem Fir End-users

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_gooky_*

Guest_gooky_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

It's not possible for any one IT person to have solution for all problems. I think you'll run into problems you can't solve. In this kind of situation, how do you talk to end-users/customers WITHOUT making yourself look stupid.

It may be more of HOW you say it than WHAT you say.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

From personal experience when I was a system administrator and had several hundred users, I found that if I could not provide a quick and immediate solution to a user problem or question, that if I took the time to repeat (and write down) the problem to them, told them I would have to research it, and then got back to them in a reasonable amount of time, that I built up a good rapport with the users, most of whom respect the fact that you were honest about your ignorance and wanted to take the time to find the best solution to their problem.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users