Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Start-up Error - "load Needed Dlls For Kernel".

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 beaverbottoms

beaverbottoms

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:55 AM

It gets to a certain point in the start-up, then displays the error "load needed DLLs for kernel", and doesn't progress any further. I have tried starting up with both the XP SP2 (my OS) disc, and the Product Recovery CD-ROM, but no luck. Says it can't recognise my hard drives.

Any idea? Help?

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:00 AM

When you're try the CD's, you do have the CD drive as the first boot device in the BIOS, correct?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 beaverbottoms

beaverbottoms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:19 PM

A promt comes up saying press a key to boot from CD, so I guess that means it using that as the drive, because it's recognised the CD? I don't know, sorry.

A friend of mine had a peek at it today (he's quite a computer buff), but was also puzzled by the problem. He did say, however, that by drives are configured as (can't remember the word - sorry) but they are not configured in the standard way, and suggested that the problem may be related to the start up from for this configuration. I didn't quite understand this.

Any ideas about what I might mean? Or any other theories?

I'd really appreciate the help.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:46 PM

A friend of mine had a peek at it today (he's quite a computer buff), but was also puzzled by the problem. He did say, however, that by drives are configured as (can't remember the word - sorry) but they are not configured in the standard way, and suggested that the problem may be related to the start up from for this configuration. I didn't quite understand this

I can only guess he's referring to cable select and master/slave. What is the make and model of your computer?
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 beaverbottoms

beaverbottoms
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:14 PM

Sorry about the previous message. What i was refering to was RAID configuration. That's probably not all that unusual actually. A chap I was talking to today was saying it may be a mechanical failiure in the hard drive, which is causing the problems. He said if this is the problem, the PC might be done in. He said I might be able to to boot it from a Lenux OS disc, or something.

The computer is a custom-build. The OS is XP sp2, it is has a Fujitsu Siemens motherboard.

Sorry for the vague-ness, but I'm not very knowledgable able such things. Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:06 PM

I don't know about RAID arrays at all, but yes you should be able to access the drives with a live Linux CD such as Knoppix which will also have a burning program to copy the files to CD's
Mark
Mark
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users