Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

More firefox problems :-(

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 The Trip

The Trip

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

Just recently I have trouble in trying to get firefox to start...Its a 3 step process.
1. Open it...it wont show up...end the proccess of it
2. Open it again, it opens, but I cant click on anything, yet it says its running, but I can press X, so i close it.
3. Open it again, Finally it works
I went to go uninstall it, but found that the uninstaller asks if Im sure...I click yes...then it just quits.
So i decied to go and install firefox again, overwirting some of it....didnt work either. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:08 PM

Okay nvm, scratch that. I tried to uninstall again, after installing over Firefox, and it worked, then I re-installed firefox, and it seems to be in working order... :thumbsup:

Admin, you can delete this topic.

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:06 PM

For future reference, use add/uninstall programs to uninstall FF, then install FF (when there is a new stable version offered).
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

yea scratch that last scratch, it still doing it lol. o well.

Oh bleep...no o well any more now its complete not working, it doesnt show the webpages, but I an click on the toolbar and stuff.

Edited by The Trip, 07 February 2005 - 06:09 PM.

#5 The Trip

The Trip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:32 PM

Ok, I will just make this a place where I people can see if they can find a solution to the same problem.

I opend Firefox (Safe Mode) and it worked, but what it does is it dosnet open any extensions, so I went and uninstalled the extensions I dont use/recently added. To see if that helps.
SO I went and closed firefox, then opend it again--Safe Mode--. Then closed it, and opend regualr firefox....and it works :thumbsup:
That was a thought in the back of my mind that it had to do with extensions but I didnt know for sure, SO if any of you have this problem it is probably just your extensions having conflicts of some sort.

#6 paperghost

paperghost

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:22 AM

something similar occurs when you crash and have more than one user profile on board.

After it crashes, every single time you try and use firefox, youll get a message saying something along the lines of "error, profile x already in use" and you cant get into anything. Even uninstalling and reinstalling makes no difference. Well, fear not, as long as you have xp system restore switched on, a system restore WILL resolve this error. Course, im not sure what youd do if you DIDNT have sys restore switched on...

:|

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2005 - 03:52 PM

Push come to shove, you can delete the Profiles folder (you will loose bookmarks, etc.), uninstall FF, and then reinstall it so it will create the Profiles folder anew.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users