Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error Cleaner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Driftwood

Driftwood

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:57 PM

I have a problem with a malware called Error Cleaner. I can't seem to find any info on it on the internet & I can't give you guys a hijackthis! log because my computer is out of commission until I learn how to get rid of the prolem and the internet won't work if I try to use it.

I already ran Norton(I wish I had Panda...), Ad-Aware & Spybot: S&D and it didn't help at all.

The malware adds 3 icons to the desktop that all lead to a site that will d/l more malware. It also hijack's my homepage and causes "weindows spyware alerts" to pop-up every half-minute or so. There is also a flashing red Exclamation point on my start menu that causes problems.

Anyone ever ran into this problem before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:06 AM

If you can, download Super Antispyware free for home users to a flash drive or CD using another computer and then install on the infected computer.
Let us know what SAS finds.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Driftwood

Driftwood
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:00 PM

I fixed almost everything, but msmgs is still there, how do I remove that?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,092 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 02:54 PM

Per Bleeping Computer--msmgs
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/M....exe-14987.html
Description: Added by the W32/Sdbot-BSL worm and IRC backdoor.
The registry scanner, etc advertised on that page will not remove the malware.

What happens when you try to go on the internet?
Have you tried running Norton in Safe Mode? If you haven't, try that.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users