Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Laptop With Vista- Pictures Not Showing Up

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sarah8503

Sarah8503

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:53 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

hello. i just got a new sony vaio with vista on it today, and for reason, when i visit websites pictures aren't showing up. its mainly pictures that people have uploaded to a photobucket account. can anyone help me. or did anyone else have this problem. thanks.

Edited by Sarah8503, 07 September 2007 - 09:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:31 PM

Is this problem only happening on Photobucket or on all sites? Which web browser are you using?

3939.png

#3 Sarah8503

Sarah8503
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:05 AM

actually, i can't even get on the photobucket website.

and happening on sites like livejournal and messages boards, when people have things uploaded to photobucket - and they post them, I can't see them. All I see is the little box with the little red X. I am using IE 7. I tried switching to Firefox to see if that would work, and I am not sure how to use that.

Edited by Sarah8503, 08 September 2007 - 12:27 AM.

#4 Sarah8503

Sarah8503
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:15 AM

could it possibly be some sort of setting on my computer?

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 02:55 AM

I've seen a bit of this lately with malware infections - it'll disable the javascript in the Internet Zone. In the Security Tab of Internet Options (from the Tools menu) try resetting the Zone to default and see if that helps. If not, I'd suggest a free, online scan or two to check your system:

http://safety.live.com
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Sarah8503

Sarah8503
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

well,. i just got the laptop so I am pretty sure there isnt any malware on it, but I will check.

#7 Sarah8503

Sarah8503
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:45 AM

this is what someone else told me it could be - so could this possibly be it, and if so, how do I fix it.

Tripped across this post while researching this as I had this same issue. After much playing around I determined that any computers I had using DHCP from my router worked fine, but any that I had the router's address hard-coded for DNS using the router's address (in my case 192.168.1.1) could not access photobucket. I changed the DNS servers to the ISP's servers and it works again. You could also set your computer to use DHCP and accomplish the same thing. If that doesn't solve your issue, then your ISP probably has the same problem, call them. Good luck.

#8 Sarah8503

Sarah8503
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 10:02 AM

well, it did have something to do with my router, I hooked my dsl modem straight into my laptop, I can get to the photobucket site and see pictures that others have uploaded on there. so, I can't move my laptop around, but at least the problem is fixed.

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:27 PM

I'd suggest contacting your ISP for the correct settings for your router.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#10 Sarah8503

Sarah8503
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:43 PM

I'd suggest contacting your ISP for the correct settings for your router.

alright thank you. i will do the first thing monday.

#11 Stanbates

Stanbates

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 06:07 PM

Hi, just registered as Im getting the exact same issues, and found this whilkst doing a google search.

Ive got a wireless router on vodafone, does anyone know how to resolve this, or is it a call to the ISP?

Thanks
Stan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users