Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bleeping Computer Startup Database

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:37 AM

We are pleased to announce the addition of the Bleeping Computer Startup Database. This database can be used to look up programs that are automatically being started on your Windows based computers and helps you determine whether or not they should be allowed to continue to startup. You can visit this database at the following url: Startup Database

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:11 PM

I have already used it twice to research problems!
It is a great addition to BC!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 paperghost

paperghost

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:49 AM

I like the fact that you've got an "other" section - a lot of startup databases don't include one!

#4 Supermart57

Supermart57

• Members
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:48 AM

Very useful. Immediately identified one startup item that had puzzled me for some time. It was part of an old Napster installation I removed ages ago.
I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users