Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Dropping Network Connection

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tiznow

tiznow

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:59 PM

I have a computer who's software is indicating that the program is losing connection with the server. No other computers in the network have any problems. The software help desk is indicating that it must be the network card. Since it is so sporadic, the Dell help desk can't help much. The computer is an XP and the server is a 2003.

Does anyone have any way to help diagnose the problem? The PC Pitstop test comes back with no problems. Is there any way to tell from the server that a problem has happened?

Thanks for any suggestions anyone may have.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:58 PM

Look in the Event Viewer? Post the last 4 error message here. I would guess you have a driver or software conflict.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 tiznow

tiznow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:24 PM

Thanks for your help. Here is a copy of the event log that had an error at about the same time as the problems occurred.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: NETLOGON
Event Category: None
Event ID: 5719
Date: 9/6/2007
Time: 4:12:05 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ROUTEACCTING
Description:
No Domain Controller is available for domain THORPE due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. .
Make sure that the computer is connected to the network and try again. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 5e 00 00 c0 ^..

I looked up the Help and Support center link and it suggests changing the registry and making sure the drivers are up to date. Although I'm not excited by the idea of changing the registry, I'll try it and see.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:09 PM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:13 AM

Are you running a server?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 tiznow

tiznow
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:34 AM

We just switched to Windows 2003 server in July from Novell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users