Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Freeview Tv Tuner

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gazspeight

gazspeight

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:45 PM

:thumbsup: I recently purchased one of these USB freeview tv tuner which came complete with an aerial, driver disc & Blaze HDTV media player which has its own serial key.
All drivers and software have been installed correctly.
I have tried the aerial that came with it and a genuine freeview aerial that is in the loft that is usually connected to a set top box(receives loads of channels) and still the damn thing says NO SIGNAL!
Two questions,
1) There is an infa-red receiver and what looks like a Clear LED on the USB tuner, is this suppose to illuminate if connected?
2)Any person had any problems with these dongles? If so what did you do to make the damn thing work?
:huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 06:50 AM

1) There is an infa-red receiver and what looks like a Clear LED on the USB tuner, is this suppose to illuminate if connected?

I assume so as everything else that has that illuminates once powered.

2)Any person had any problems with these dongles? If so what did you do to make the damn thing work?

Never used one so i have no idea, sorry.
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 06 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

Hi Gaz, :thumbsup: to the forum!

I take it your from the UK, when you refere to 'Freeview'? If so your in the same part of the World as I.

Before we can concentrate on your problem we need a few details,
- Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?
- What operating system are you using
- What is the make and model of the USB TV stick are you using
- Have you looked on the company's website (USB TV stick) for updated drivers and addtional info regarding your problem?

Hope this helps so far...!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users