In my home network, we have (had) 3 computers, our main computer on our second floor, my laptop also on second floor and a third computer in my basement. My basement computer hadn't been used for some time and when I went to use it a few days ago, there was no wireless signal coming in at all. I am not that tech savvy about how messing around with the internet options, but maybe a month ago when Linksys sent an update out, it had caused my laptop to frequently lose the signal. I assumed that this was the case for my basement computer and followed the same instructions that I had recieved on the Linksys technical forums. I went int and changed some of the wireless options as follows:
Changing the SSID to anything but a Linksys name. Not sure if I didn that since I wasn't able to access http://192.168.1.1
Change channel to either 1 or 11, I changed it to 11
Change beacon interval to 50. I was not able to find this option in the network configure option.
Change RTS and Fragmentation Threshold to 2304. Done
I did all this and my basement computer still will not pick up any wireless signal. The only other thing I could think of was to maybe rollback the driver but I didn't want to potentially make the problem worse.