Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flight Simulator On Google

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:18 PM

I haven't had a chance to try this, but it sounds kind of cool

"DL.TV viewer Jim gave us a heads up on a hidden flight simulator function within Google Earth. According to Jim a simple Ctrl+Alt+A (In OS X it's Command+Option+A), while you're in the program, is all you need to start it up. You can choose from either a F-16 or SR22. Instructions are available if you're having problems getting off the ground."

Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

It works! It is really cool. :thumbsup: I lasted maybe 20 seconds before I crashed.

Poor mans Flight Simulator.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#3 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:58 PM

Controls are flakey. For example, then you release pressure on the ailerons, the bank angle should stop changing. It doesn't. Real airplanes don't fly that way.

I keep it in the air for a few minutes, but was not successful at landing.

ddeerrf
ASMEL IA CFI
Derfram
~~~~~~

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

The world its spinning!

Not bad really. I have seen better flight simulators on the net for model airplane training.

#5 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:47 AM

Very cool. :thumbsup: I found the jet easier to control than the prop. For landing, I set the flaps to 60, reduce engine speed to minimum, lower the gear and set the nose just above the horizon. Make adjustments ahead of time to reduce overcompensation. Gently keeping the roll in check, it should glide home without too much trouble. Just watch out for mountains. ;)

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users