Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Server 2003 / Exchange E-mail Address Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JohnDubya

JohnDubya

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:59 AM

We have a Windows Server 2003 machine set up with Exchange 6.5. We have around 10 users set up to be able to logon to the server, and up until now, all have had "user@domain.com" e-mail addresses associated with their account that were linked to Exchange mailboxes. In the "E-mail Addresses" tab of each user, it would list their "user@domain.com" e-mail and then list out "user@domain.local" and then an X.400 entry.

Well, now I've run into a problem. One of our users is working remotely, so all he needs to be able to do is login to the server, but not keep an Exchange mailbox associated with him. So I deleted him from our POP3 connector that pulls his e-mail from our domain's e-mail server, so e-mails sent to him now stay on the domain's e-mail server. That works fine, but when any of our local users send an e-mail to him (user@domain.com), it doesn't get through. There are no errors, the e-mail just doesn't show up in his webmail. I think it's because our local server is seeing that we are sending to user@domain.com and it still thinks it needs to send that mail to a local mailbox or something. How do I check to make sure the e-mails going to him are being sent outside our local server and not going into a mailbox?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users