Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Famous People Died.

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:06 AM

Ever wonder how somebody you used to enjoy watching on TV or Cinema Died? Found this interesting Site which gives you all the answers.Some,I wasn't even aware of, have Passed on.River Phoenix dying at 23 was a sad loss.Hope you like.

http://www.deathclock.com/findadeath.cfm

EDIT.Couuld a Moderator correct a spelling error in Topic Heading,Please.

Edited by jgweed, 07 September 2007 - 08:43 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

Yes, talking about celebrities, just heard Luciano Pavorotti just passed away- cancer of the Pancreas

May he Rest in Peace, in my opinion he had an excellent voice, even though i don't like opera
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

Yes, talking about celebrities, just heard Luciano Pavorotti just passed away- cancer of the Pancreas

May he Rest in Peace, in my opinion he had an excellent voice, even though i don't like opera

Luciano Pavorotti was the greatest Tenor I have ever listened to. Sad Loss.Rest in Peace.
I don't go much on Opera,either,but I can listen to Luciano Pavorotti for hours.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:49 AM

Spelling corrected as you requested.

As Pavorotti himself once said, "God kissed my tonsils."
We are indeed fortunate that he made as many recordings as he did so that his magnificent voice will not be completely silenced by his death.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Iodine

Iodine

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:29 PM

A great man and a great voice has been silenced but will live on in our hearts and memories for those of us who were great fans. He's the only singer that I have ever listened to that could actually give me goose bumps. He will be missed.

Thanks Doug for the link.
Tell me and I forget ;Show me and I may remember;involve me and I"ll understand.

#6 cowboy357

cowboy357

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 06:58 AM

Very Cool link, Doug. Thanks .
Yer Only gonna be as happy, as You decide to be . Cowboy

#7 MaraM

MaraM

• Members
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 01:37 AM

Yes, thank you DSTM - it's a great site and thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbsup:
Never let your computer realize you are in a hurry or just typing the last few words of a vital document.

While outer events might make one happy or sad, happiness itself is entirely internal, and at all times completely within one's power.

#8 hebee

hebee

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 04:58 AM

:thumbsup: so sad for him. Though I'm not an Italian, love him so much, good man... moan a minute for him now!

#9 Turi

Turi

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 11 September 2007 - 04:30 PM

Same cancer as my father.

"Pavorotti's wife rang the funeral director, his family all listening closely. Suddenly she hung up and they were all intruiged as to why.
'Well,' she explained 'they hung up on me, all I did was ask "I need to organise a funeral for a tenor"...' "
Crazyness comes to those who wait

#10 kasploticus

kasploticus

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

thanks doug so many of the stars we grew up with are now gone such a shame so short some lives are

#11 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:31 AM

I found the Site so interesting.One Entertainer, I used to like is 'Divine' His Video if you click on to him, I find so funny.His Movies were a laugh,too. :thumbsup:
He died very young,which I wasn't aware of.

#12 baker1

baker1

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:11 PM

I'am not so inclined of one such an opinion as to another with even additional consideration to persons with whom there is no real identity with or for as well.The famous face or personality is not a true friend of any sort as there is something if only as a tabloid marketing of hitherto unknown individual.The famous are as great an illusion as would be the naked body for we are all mortal with but a human coil to bind us here on earth.There is a more than a strange relation that this famous world represents and it is something that we are weaker because of, rather than a better world for having been associated with,if only as a curious passer by.The site seems to one of morbid curiosity and even so it is not as a site without corruption.It is a dirty site whose prediliction for the morbid and perhaps even the perverse underlie a more serious failing and that be one of knowledge if you will of GOD however if your choice be not of GOD than let the man speak for himself so that we are closer to knowledge of who we are rather than run by some illusion as such.This site should not be so ballyhooed as it is not such a site that I can not ignore and perhaps better yet not return to its address.There is offerred in contrast as written in the Holy Bible, King James Version-books of Exodus 2,3- The Call of Moses- Now Moses kept the flock of Jethro his father-in-law,the priest of Midian:and he led the flock to the back side of the desert,and came to the mountain of God,even to Horeb.And the Angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush:and he looked,and,behold,the bush burned with fire,and the bush was not consumed.And Moses said,I will now turn aside,and see this great sight,why the bush is not burnt.And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see,God called unto him out of the midst of the bush,and said,M o s e s,M o s e s.And he said,Here am I.And he said,Draw not nigh hither: put off thy shoes from off thy feet: for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.Morever he said,I'am the God of thy Father,the God of Abraham,the God of Isaac,and the God of Jacob.And Moses hid his face:for he was afraid to look upon God.And the Lord said,I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt,and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters;for I know their sorrows;and I'am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land unto a good land and a large,unto a land flowing with milk and honey;unto the place of the Canaanites,and the Hittites,and the Amorites,and the Perizzites,and the Hivites,and Jebusites.Now therefore,behold,the cry of the children of Isreal is come unto me: and I have also seen the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppress them.Come now therefore,and I will send thee unto Pharaoh,that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Isreal out of Egypt.And Moses said unto God,Who am I,that I should go unto Pharoah,and that I should bring forth the children of Isreal out of Egypt? And he said,Certainly I will be with thee;and this shall be a token unto thee,that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt,ye shall serve God upon this mountain.And Moses said unto God,Behold,when I come unto the children of Isreal,and shall say unto them,The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you;and they shall say to me,What is his name?what shall I say unto them?And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said,Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Isreal,I Am hath sent me unto you.And God said moreover unto Moses,thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,The Lord God of your fathers,the God of Abraham,The God of Isaac,and the God of Jacob,hath sent me unto you:this is my name for ever,and this is my memorial unto all generations" I wish only to convey here that there is no more sacred a text than that which provides an unmistakable relation to the very ground we walk on.If wherein we are to address our Mothers and Fathers and there Mothers and Fathers it is Holy ground wherein our loved ones rest,it is a sacred if not solemn duty to oversee those that saw to our cares as we passed through the portals of time everlasting.There is no greater duty wherein God said unto Moses put off thy shoes from off thy feet;for the place whereon thou standest is holy ground.

#13 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

:thumbsup: Hi 'Baker1' BC has a number of Religious Threads for Religious Points of View.Hope this Helps. :flowers:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry620838

#14 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:04 PM

I echo the "DSTM's" comment here.

You are so far away from the simple topic presented here "baker1" that we(BC Staff) have considered cutting away your convoluted post.

Keep it simple friend from here on out?

Your verbosity impresses no others here.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#15 baker1

baker1

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:10 PM

I'am the one that will keep this simple-there is no disclaimer present as to the web site in question as it is restricted as to children and from the reading of the archived letters it is a wonder why on earth would any such site be allowed to exist without proper warning as to its Satanic and other messages.I dont want to go to far afield because I actually might enjoy taking it down.Here is a letter from there archives which is like many oh so many that are as offensive if you will as they are offended at what that site has to offer."I'am a poor German woman,I had to work very hard to come to America,and I got on my feet and eventually bought a computer.I was browsing the Web,and came to your site.What I saw shocked me and made me cry,to predict death is such a sin that deserves the penalty of death.I was so outraged,that I wish I never came to america to see this filth.I hope you are happy you mad me regret my whole life dream" helga.This was catagorized as a flame with Death Clock responding that they were going into ins.This site and sites like this should not be pooh poohed as they are in reality offensive and offensive minded.bleepingcomputer should know better.It's content is inappropiate and should not be viewed casually.

Edited by TMacK, 09 October 2007 - 10:42 PM.
Mod Edit: To Remove E-mail Address~ TMacK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users