Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijackthis Won't Run

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:37 PM

Mod edit: Post split off into its own topic from here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/86678/malware-removal-training-program/

if you have ad-aware on your computer it won't allow hijack this to run,I learned that the hard way,sorry if you are mad at me for posting,I just wanted to point this out.

Edited by Papakid, 06 September 2007 - 07:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:47 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:05 PM

Iownyoujk, I split your post off because it had nothing to do with the training program. Please stay on topic in future.

What you say is not true in every case where there is adware/malware present. It is true that HijackThis and other removal tools are blocked by malware in vaious ways, and it is getting more common lately, but it depends on which infection one is suffering from. Many have no problems when some infections are present.

There are ways to work around those blocking mechanisms, so if anyone has such a problem, please ask for help in this forum or in Am I infected? What do I do?.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 Iownyoujk

Iownyoujk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:47 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:44 PM

ok,I will not do that again,but that is what usually happends to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users