Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"drivecleaner' Removal Help Please

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xx_jack

xx_jack

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:40 PM

i am an old mainframer......and i tried to do this once before about 3 months ago-it either didnt fully work then---or i have it back for the second time........either way--i got it.............

and i am semi compentent at assisting you with helping me get rid of it.......thanks ---------i have the latest hijack this..........but await your instructions.......-----------thnx all

Edited by KoanYorel, 06 September 2007 - 08:30 PM.
to remove email address to protect from spammers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:51 PM

Bleeping Computer's Removal Instructions for Drivecleaner 2006
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71782/how-to-remove-drivecleaner-2006-removal-instructions/

Rogue Remover lists Drivecleaner 2006 as one of the programs it removes.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/rogueremover.php

Super Antispyware will remove some Vundo malware.
Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Post a Hijack This Log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post a log in this forum. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 xx_jack

xx_jack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 September 2007 - 11:08 AM

thank you.....rogue remover declares that i am drivecleaner free----------hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa--i dont believe it........but we will see......if so i will return to these instructions and re-do ----thank you for your help.........

~E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox than you may want.~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 09 September 2007 - 11:46 AM.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:21 PM

If you haven't used Super Antispyware, suggest you do that.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 xx_jack

xx_jack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 07:05 AM

yes i did the superantispyware trick.....it declares clean also...........

.here is the info.....i had this once before......4 or 5 months ago . .. ibothered everyone in the world ..about it........somehow got rid of it(i think)---i think being the keywords here----------------

my p.h.d. kid....says probably not!!!!????---------even though i couldnt find it.......

seems to me.........and only a guess that it comes with torrents i download from mininova, piratebay, etc........

the times it is apparent-- that is where i have been..........presently -------i see no evidence of it............

so i dont know???
thanks for you alls help--jack

shall i do nothing........run hijackthis---or wait......thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users