Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W32/rootkit-backdoor- Based!maximus ; W32/trojan.bwzc; W32/newmalware- Lsu-based!maximus Help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 CharlotteD

CharlotteD

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:37 PM

Can someone please help me get rid of these three viruses that I can't seem to get rid off?

I have tried all of the steps that you suggested before posting for help. I have downloaded Adaware, Spybot, Anti-virus program from my internet provider, MCAfee AVERT Stinger, Sygate Personal Firewall (although I am not sure what I should allow on the network or not... _) the Windows updates. And still no luck with the removal of these:

W32/Rootkit-Backdoor-based!Maximus

W32/Trojan.BWZC

W32/NewMalware-LSU-based!Maximus

Please help, they are driving me nuts. The performance of our PC is being affected. Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:01 PM

Hi CharlotteD,

I have moved your HJT log to the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, therefore you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Your HJT Log is posted Here.

I'm closing this topic until you are cleared by the HJT Team.
If, after your log has been cleaned, you still need help, please PM a Moderator and we will re-open this topic.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users