Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Epson Printer USB Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tjpoc

tjpoc

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:46 PM

Dear members, I have a new Epson printer (model R320). I have been having nothing but headaches with it trying to connect it to my computer. I have an IBM laptop with a USB port available, but when I try to install the printer (exactly as the directions describe), the USB driver keeps failing. It installs with an error and shows up in the device list as an "unknown device" with the ! indicating it is not working. When I try to troubleshoot it, it says driver not installed. I have downloaded all of the drivers I could find from Epson and uninstalled, reinstalled a gazillion times to no avail. I tried to "update the driver" to every possible solution in the "search for a driver" process, but nothing seems to work. I CAN install the printer driver successfully, but it just won't talk to the USB port.

The OS is Windows 2000, patched, updated, yada yada. I also have other USB devices that WILL work with this computer and the same port, so I know it's not a harware failure. Does anyone know how to make the printer talk to the USB port?

Thanks for any help you can give,

TJ :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:30 PM

Are you using the driver version found at this page: