Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page Fault

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dociu

Dociu

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hi,

I got error msg "page fault in nonpage area" whenever I enter windows. I have change and test my ram but problem persist. sometimes its symtdi.sys, driver irql equal or less than, sysdata.xml, wacom.

also if my res change to 1600 x 900 it can become much faster to have page fault error msg come out, can this be my graphic card problem? I've updated to latest beta driver.

All is good if I run in safe mode or turn off no page file. (but I read its better to have this on,)

I used PageDefrag but of no use either, scan my hard disk few times already but no error.

Is there any method to test my psu, graphic card, or motherboard to check which area is doing the error?

or any method to check which driver is crashing? have updated all to latest driver. could it be my logitech marble mouse? have updated driver too.

Please help, Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:47 PM

Hi, Dociu. Welcome to BC!

This problem appears to be related to Symantec or Norton security software. Do you have a Symantec or Norton program installed?

#3 Dociu

Dociu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:36 PM

Thanks Andrew,

Yes I have norton installed, but its alright on my previous computer, is there a patch to amend this error or I have to install other antivirus software?

Thanks again.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:11 AM

Try disabling the Norton (TEMPORARILY) to see if it fixes the issue. If not, there's plenty of other stuff to troubleshoot. Here's a link to an expalnation of the error message: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x50

First, turn off any remote control software (such as VNC, pcAnywhere, LogMeIn, etc).
Then test your memory with this free utility: http://www.memtest86.com/

Also, carefully review any changes that have been made to your system since before this problem started.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Dociu

Dociu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:11 AM

Hi, finally solve the problem. reformat everything but only install drivers. some programs that comes with the mobo and graphics may be the problem. but glad its all solve now, just wish tomorrow won't crash down again.

Thanks everyone for all the great help, really appreciated. :thumbsup:

#6 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:25 PM

Ah, yes... the "nuclear" option!

#7 Dociu

Dociu
  • Topic Starter