Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network Troubles

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 monkpart9

monkpart9

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

Aright so I recently recieved a laptop and it has wireless capabilities and im trying to set it up so it can connect to my network at home. Now when i get to the point when I have to enter the password it says that it has to be exactly 5 or exactly 13 characters when mine is 8 characters...., I cant connect because when i enter the password the "next" button in the wizard doesnt light up or become pressable ( at a lack of better words). I want to surf the internet at home rather then only at school on the schools network but this thing just isnt letting me set up my network. Can someone help me?
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris_Da frog

Chris_Da frog

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:41 AM

assuming you have a wireless router...

you can use the WEP key to access your network; which is located on the router. I just recently installed a wireless card and i was able to only put in the WEP key with 64-bit encryption.

Ask your school's computer admin's if your allowed to use their wireless connection. if so, ask for the WEP key.

#3 monkpart9

monkpart9
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:21 PM

hmm, thanks chris.
If you do things right, then people won't know if you've done anything at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users