Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi Everyone And Thanks For The Great Work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fractal

Fractal

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:26 AM

Hi everybody :D. I just got a new PC, my third one actually, and I really wanted to take care of it so I started looking around for ways to keep it healthy. I came accross another board, Techsupportforums, and they recommended one antivirus program, one firewall program, Spywareblaster, Ad-Aware, Spybot search and destroy, and update to the HOSTS file, and IE Spypad, along with recommendations to use an alternate browser like Firefox. I followed through with that on my PC, and the tutorials they linked me to were all from here. Thank you guys so much for all of your great work.

I'm getting interested in computers, just because I find them pretty cool and want to be able to repair minor things on my own. I just installed new RAM by myself on two of my comps. I still don't know very much about computer at all, but I want to learn. I'm trying to find some good books on Computer repair and laptop repair. Anyway, thank you guys for all of your resources and help to the rest of us who are not very computer savy. :D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:07 AM

Hello Fractal and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 annabackwards

annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:27 AM

:thumbsup: to BC, Fracture
Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#4 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:34 AM

Welcome to BC

pleasure to have you here :thumbsup:

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:55 AM

Welcome to this friendly and helpful user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users