Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using 2.1 Speakers On 360.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:31 PM

I recently bought a Xbox 360, and I plan to use it on my monitor, as my TV isn't that nice, it'll be convient as it'll be next to my computer and not downstairs, ect. I also purchased the VGA cables for the 360 along with some pretty expensive VGA splitter so I can use both my 360 and PC on my monitor.

I also wanted to use my 2.1 speakers on the 360 as well ( I can live with headphones on PC ) But the VGA cables that I bought seperatly with the Xbox use the red/white stereo speakers and my speakers ( Linky to speakers ) Anyone have any ideas what to get, and preferably something that I can buy at Bestbuy, Futureshop, somewhere in Canada.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:44 AM

Hi mate,

If I'm right in thinking you purchased the following (or similar) VGA stereo audio cable for your XBOX 360 link

Assuming you do have the above cable all you have to do is purchase an adaptor like this (Scroll down the page and look for the item marked "Two Phono Sockets to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Socket Adapter". I know this company is in the UK but the adaptor you will need so you can visit any electrical store eg Radio Shack or equilivant. Obvisoully plug in the corresponding white/red phono plugs then plug in your speakers to the 3.5mm socket.

Hope this helps!
If all else fails, hit the reset button.
Posted Image

#3 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:46 PM

Ahh...that's exactly what I want. Though I couldn't find it at Bestbuy, and since it was around closing time, I couldn't find anybody to help me there. I'll look somewhere else. And is there such things as Female-to-Female VGA ports right...because I've wasted about 100$ on cables so that I can use my 360 on my monitor and share the monitor with my PC.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:23 AM

With regards to sharing your monitor with PC and 360, you can purchase something such as this. Connect your Monitor to the monitor input and then connect your PC and 360 to the outputs and switch between the two.

This isn't the most attractive looking VGA box but i'm sure there is a more appealing one out there!!

Edited by FireKracker, 07 September 2007 - 06:23 AM.

Posted Image

#5 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:56 AM

Oh...I got splitter cables instead of that box already. I just need a female-to-female VGA port for the 360 since the cable on the 360 is male. ( Since the VGA ports and all ports on computers are female )

#6 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:16 AM

Something like this a gender changer! Also it might be worth looking here as its talking about connecting and sharing your monitor.

Edited by FireKracker, 07 September 2007 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image

#7 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:09 PM

Alright, I'll look into finding those two adapters at a nearby store this week end! Thanks!

#8 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 10 September 2007 - 05:12 PM

Ehh...tomorrow I'll go to one more store. But if not I'm just going to spend the few extra dollars and buy online. Although I'm having alot of trouble finding the audio adapter on Tigerdirect, found the Female to female VGA adapter. And since I'm in Canada pretty much all U.S stores and UK ones aren't an option.

#9 FireKracker

FireKracker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:31 AM

Humm......

The above adaptor I selected would allow you to play your xbox 360 without turning on your computer. Meaning that all you would have to do is connect your 360 to the adaptor and the other end to your speakers. If your having difficulty in finding this adaptor try Ebay.

Alternatively, it mayb easier for you look for an adaptor such as this you can connect your audio cables from your 360 to the corrosponding connectors and the other end plug into the MIC input of your soundcard. Switch on your PC and there you have the input from your 360 running though your pc into your speakers.

Hope that helps!

Edited by FireKracker, 11 September 2007 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image

#10 protozero

protozero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:13 PM

Alright, I'm pretty sure I'll just order online. 20-30$ with tax/shipping won't be to bad. Thanks for all the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users