Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing Internet Video Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 playforfun23

playforfun23

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

Recently I had major problem with trojan viruses. For now that problem seems to have disapeared, although my computer has become slower.
I usually go to a site called stage6 to watch videos but as soon as i click play my internet closes instantly without any error reports or anything like that. I dont know what the problem is, but im thinking the problem may be something to do with security due to the virus problem i recently had. The video require divX player which I do have. Any ideas?

Edited by playforfun23, 05 September 2007 - 10:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:58 PM

Hi playforfun23 and Welcome to Bleeping Computer,

Try Winsock XP Fix- It's a utility for Internet Explorer to fix Internet connectivity.

WinSock XP Fix offers a last resort if your Internet connectivity has been corrupted due to invalid or removed registry entries. It can often cure the problem of lost connections after the removal of Adware components or improper uninstall of firewall applications or other tools that modify the XP network and Winsock settings.

Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 playforfun23

playforfun23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:35 PM

when i try to run it, I get an error saying "WinstockxpFix.exe is not a valid win32 application"

Edited by playforfun23, 06 September 2007 - 01:36 PM.

#4 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:13 PM

Are you certain the problem with the Trojan virus is completely solved?

Perhaps you should follow the instructions provided to you in This Topic.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users