Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Undesired Boot Menu

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:09 PM

It may just be that i'm dumb or eye-witted, lol, but i haev the following problem.
I tried to set up a home network between 2 new computers using vista starter. I changed the network name (casa = home in spanish) and got it up running. But, now when i boot the computers, i get the following at booting either computer:
IDE Channel 0 Master: samsung bla bla
ide 0 slave: none
1: dvd rw combo
1 slave: none
2 master: none
3 master: none

floppy disk(s) fail (40)

press F8 to enable system Configuration
Press F9 to select booting Device after POST
Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP

I tried pressing F8 or F9, but nothing happened. I tried to sort something outfrom the BIOS setup, but i don't know much about it to fix this, so i just continue and everything seems normal. I tried looking in other vista forums for something like this, but couldn't find anything useful, so I kinda gave up.
It kinda always help, so: I am using 2 AMD 3000+ 1.6Ghz, one with 2gb ram the other with 512, same HD 80Gb, vista starter, and both comp basically new (days of use, no change in config. besides the networking attempt). They dont have floppy bays.

Does anybody know what this could be or how to sort it?
Thanks for the help again guys, as usual
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:23 PM

When this error happens again, tap the {DEL} key, find where the floppy is listed in the bios, and disable it. Once this is done save the settings and restart.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#3 petocities

petocities
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:57 PM

When this error happens again, tap the {DEL} key, find where the floppy is listed in the bios, and disable it. Once this is done save the settings and restart.

Any idea where the floppy could be in the BIOS? I already looked for it, but couldn't find it. Its a Biostar k8m800 micro AM2 from what i could found. is it possible for anyone to tell me where it might be with this info? or should i just navigate through the BIOS menu?
Posted Image

#4 oldf@rt

oldf@rt

• Members
  • 2,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:15 PM

Look under advanced settings or the main settings. Normally it is in the same screen as the HDD and optical drive. It could also be located in the boot area. You might have to check each screen one by one. Note : I just downloaded the manual, it seemed to have no instructions on the bios.
The name says it all -- 59 and holding permanently

**WARNING** Links I provide might cause brain damage

#5 petocities

petocities
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:18 AM

Look under advanced settings or the main settings. Normally it is in the same screen as the HDD and optical drive. It could also be located in the boot area. You might have to check each screen one by one. Note : I just downloaded the manual, it seemed to have no instructions on the bios.

Found it! Had to look around quite a bit, and made double sure to not leave a bigger mess behind :D
thanks for your help guys
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users