Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bis612.exe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 anino83

anino83

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:27 PM

hi kinda new here and kinda new to this thread.....so please go easy on me....hehehehe

i scanned my pc with avg and it showed a trojan embedded on a file bis612.exe? what should i do?

is it safe to just DELETE the file?

also there seems to be trojan horse shuer.bxa

what should i do?

lastly...i have an avg and a nod32? what is better?

thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:20 AM

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer.
There are no results on Google for those two files that AVG is listing as infected, but since it is better to be safe than sorry, I think it would be better to have them scanned by several more antiviruses, using a service called "Jotti".
Please visit the online Jotti Virus Scanner
Click on Browse button.
Then navigate to the bis612.exe file.
Click on the Open button.
The scanner will check the file with various antivirus companies.
Results will then be displayed which will tell you if any other companies have found the file to be infected. If you are unsure about whether they agree or not, or would like a second opinion, copy and paste the report into this thread and we will take a look at it for you.

Repeat this processs with the other file.

With regards to your question about AVG or Nod32, I would personally go for Nod32 because I know of many people who think it is an excellent program, but AVG still ranks quite highly on the list; I used it in the past and had no problems with it. Obviously, it is not a good idea to run more than one antivirus at the same time. The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other antivirus products to create "false alarms". It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection.
In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause false alarms - when the antivirus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't. Also it can cause system performance problems; your system may lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Therefore, choose the one you prefer and keep it installed - the choice is entirely up to you - before removing the other one from your computer via Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:17 AM

HijackThis Log Split off and moved to: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry619246

This thread is now closed.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users