Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan Viruse That Wont Go Away!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 playforfun23

playforfun23

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:16 PM

I started my computer in safe mode and then scanned using AVG and superantiviruse(the free stuff) and i made sure i had system restore turned off. Can I please have some help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:24 AM

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer.
I would like to ask you not to leave System Resotre turned off, but switch it back on as soon as possible again. It is much better to have an infected restore point to go back to than none at all, and if you have some major problems in the future, without this option enabled you may have to format your computer to solve the problem.

If you are using Windows XP:
On the Desktop, right-click My Computer, then click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab near the top of the window.
Uncheck "Turn off System Restore", click Apply, and then click OK.

Click Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools, and select System Restore.
In the System Restore wizard, select the box next the text labeled "Create a restore point" and click the Next button.
Type a description for your new restore point - Something like "After trojan/spyware cleanup".
Click Create, and after it has created the restore point, click "Close".
Further instructions on creating a restore point can be found here

Please follow our Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log; running all of the scans before posting your HijackThis log. Do not post your log here, but instead use our HijackThis Log and Analysis Forum.
After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer except those that are advised by a member of the HijackThis Team; doing so can cause system changes that may not be visible in your log. Please be patient whilst waiting for a response, our HJT Team is currently very busy, and as we try to deal with logs on a "first come first served" basis, you may have to wait a short while.

Edited by rookie147, 06 September 2007 - 04:25 AM.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users