Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ati Radeon And Vista Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 petocities

petocities

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:26 PM

After installing the ATI Radeon 9550 128mb card i have, vista (starter edition) started to show up this problem saying "atikmdag.sys stopped responding" during 3d application running.
After searching around the net, I found that several people have the same problem, but I could not find a working solution (I found one saying to change some settings in the system configuration, in the BOOT section, changing the processor amount to 1 and setting memory to maximum). More than that, I didn't dare to try, because I do not know enough of computers and other possible solutions were a bit too risky and complicated for me :flowers:
I want to know if anyone is aware of a solution to this problem.
I am running on a new Olidata AMD 3000+ 1.6Ghz, 2Gb ram PC2 DDR, 80 gb HD, and the mentioned above video card.
Any/All help is deeply appreciated!

PS: should i disconect the monitor from the video card for now and use the integrated one? or it doesn't matter for the problem I am having? Just in case i ask.. :thumbsup:

Edited by petocities, 05 September 2007 - 05:30 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

"PS: should i disconect the monitor from the video card for now and use the integrated one? or it doesn't matter for the problem I am having? Just in case i ask.. "

A lot of people have been complaining about ATI's VISTA drivers. If you can use the onboard for now until they fix it, go for it
Mark
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 petocities

petocities
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:49 PM

"PS: should i disconect the monitor from the video card for now and use the integrated one? or it doesn't matter for the problem I am having? Just in case i ask.. "

A lot of people have been complaining about ATI's VISTA drivers. If you can use the onboard for now until they fix it, go for it
Mark

cool thx man. So i guess there is no fix for this yet (I haven't found one either so..)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users