Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unlocking Computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie

sharpie

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:05 PM

hi-
how do i unlock my computer. all of a sudden when i want to switch users a box pops up that says something like only the administrator (me) can unlock this computer. it wasnt doing this yesterday. when i do type a password there isnt a box that says the password is incorrect i just hear a sond and it brings me back to the account i was already on. i only have two accounts on my computer. mine and the guest account. the guest account is on, but when i turn my computer on it just goes straight to my account there is no login screen.anyone know how i can fix this?

-thank you :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:34 PM

has anyone else had access to the computer since it changed?

Have you tried logging on in safe mode?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 DanC1186

DanC1186

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 02:16 PM

You could try rebooting your computer in safe mode and accessing the administrator account. From there you can access the control panel, select "User accounts" and choose your account. Then select the option to remove the password. From there just reboot your computer.

#4 sharpie

sharpie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 702 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:44 PM

thanks guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users