Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Webpage Highjack

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paride

Paride

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:05 AM

Good Morning all.
I would appreciate some advice and help. I was recently infected by all types of adware and spyware, which highjacked my webpage, installed browser bars and redirected me to various search sites.

I used Spybot S&D, F Secure and a number of other tools to try and remove the various viruses and spyware and have had some success.

However I still have the situation where when searching on Google and clicking on a webpage link I get redirected to various search sites such as Monster Marketplace and Search XYZ, so clearly all is still not well.

Can anyone please suggest what I can try next. FYI - I am running Windows XP with SP2 on a Packard Bell I Media. I use Internet Explorer as a browser ( version 6)

Thank you in advance for your help

Paride

Edited by Paride, 05 September 2007 - 05:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:52 AM

Hello there and welcome to BleepingComputer.
It sounds to me like you have a wareout infection.
Please follow our Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log; running all of the scans before posting your HijackThis log. Do not post your log here, but instead use our HijackThis Log and Analysis Forum.
After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer except those that are advised by a member of the HijackThis Team; doing so can cause system changes that may not be visible in your log. Please be patient whilst waiting for a response, our HJT Team is currently very busy, and as we try to deal with logs on a "first come first served" basis, you may have to wait a short while.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Paride

Paride
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:09 AM

Thank you for your welcome note and prompt response. I'll follow the links as you suggest.
Best wishes :thumbsup:

#4 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:27 AM

You're welcome and good luck :thumbsup:

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users