Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Convert M4p To Mp3: Free Program To Use

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:38 AM

Anyone know a free program i could use to convert M4P (iTunes) to MP3.
Someone told me to burn it to a disc then rip it in WMP (using MP3) but that doesn't work it comes up with ERROR.....i tried using iTunes to rip using MP3 instead of ACC but it doesn't do it either, so i thought is there a free way using the files on the PC instead???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sp0nge

Sp0nge

• Members
  • 643 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:49 AM

You can do this in Itunes thankfully :thumbsup:..

so long as the music is in your library

What you want to do is this:

1. Open Itunes

2. Click on Edit in the Menu Strip

3. Choose Preferences

4. Click the Advanced Tab

5. Inside the advanced tab, you should see another set of tabs, general, import, and burning. Choose import

6. Under Import, change the setting that says Import Using to Mp3 Encoder.

7. Close the preferences, and go back to your itunes library.

8. Highlight the tracks you wish to convert to Mp3, and right click on them. You should see an option to 'Convert Selection to Mp3'. Click this.

9. Navigate to My documents >> My Music >> Itunes >> Itunes Music >> Compilations

There you should see a list of Albums, which are the albums which the music you exported are from :flowers:

I hope I helped.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:47 PM

Can't do this with iTunes as i already tried, it comes up saying "Can't convert procted files" - its music purchased from iTunes. Only three files i want to do....

Edited by Izzy, 05 September 2007 - 03:49 PM.

#4 DanC1186

DanC1186

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:23 PM

Download.com says this one is tested spyware-free.

http://www.download.com/AVI-MPEG-MOV-RM-WMV-iPod-MP4-Converter/3000-2194_4-10729272.html?tag=lst-0-2

://http://www.download.com/AVI-MPEG-MO...l?tag=lst-0-2

#5 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:34 AM

that's a useless program, it only does video files...i want audio......for M4P and not MP4....

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:50 AM

The only programs I could find are shareware, or pay-for.
Have you tried recording the songs to .mp3, while you play them, using a program like Audacity?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#7 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:52 AM

the quality isn't as good if its recorded....i get get audacity to record the stupid thing.

#8 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:27 AM

thanks for help anyway.

#9 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:46 AM

Digital to digital recording, shouldn't result in a noticeable loss of quality.
You can also adjust the recording quality with Audacity.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#10 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:43 PM

i'll fiddle a bit more with audacity and see what i can do but i doubt i'll get too far.

#11 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 PM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:15 PM

The iTunes music is DRM protected. Only way to get at it is to play it and record it, or burn it to a CD and the rip it to mp3. Either way will cause a loss in quality. To crack the DRM is, of course, illegal.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#12 dfence

dfence

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:05 PM

Izzy i don't understand, you are unable to burn your purchased music as an audio CD using iTunes ??? If i'm wrong then the process is simple, go into your iTunes options menu and make sure that burning is checked as an audio CD. Once the CD is burned, remove it from the tray, shut down iTunes then re-open iTunes, load the CD and an option should come up asking if you want to "import" the CD into your library. At this point you should have already made sure that under your options / import section you have selected mp3 and your chosen bitrate for CD importing.

If that method doesn't work then download CDEX http://www.download.com/CDex/3000-2140_4-10226370.html and once the burn is finished in iTunes shut it down, and then open CDEX and insert your disc. CDEX has many options available in it's settings so take the time to study them but you have the ability to rip and sort files in many many ways, it also has a free CDDB database provider that "should" be able locate and ID your burned tracks.

good luck
I'm not as think as you drunk I am

#13 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:25 PM

i can burn the files from iTunes, but can't rip them back into the PC.....the CD plays on the CD player and in the car player, just won't play/rip on the PC its weird....i was going to try it out on my old PC but had no luck because its not working.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users