Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Oh No Printer Spool Won't Print Docs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 peacerosetx

peacerosetx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 03:06 AM

Hi Guys, Nice to meet you all am a newbie at this and have messed up my computer am kinda freaked out and need help. I had this nasty Delsim dialer on my computer and used PervX to remove it. That went well and the nasty little malware was gone. Only problem is it attached to a file called WinDv.exe. Did some research--maybe not enough and found out that WinDv.exe was not too important so I had PervX remove it. Problem is...now when I try to print the print spooler does not work. I May Have Posted IN Wrong Forum I am On Windows 2000 not XP apologize for this!

I also get an error "missing windv.exe" error when computer boots, not that i mind but it may be interfering with the printer? that is my question...

Went into services to start the print spooler, even did a manual from Run it but it would always start but as soon as I go back to add a printer then it stops again. Someone said to disable the fax so disabled that. Now the printer stays on start but still get the error message "printer operation cannot continue due to lack of resources"

Tried it now and it will not stay on start after I try to add a printer it will stop again! :thumbsup:

I am on 2000 Professional. Thank you!

Peace,

trusting in the Lord...

Edited by peacerosetx, 05 September 2007 - 06:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

Hi peacerosetx. windv.exe is not associated with the spooler. The malware probably broke your spooler, or maybe even PervX.

http://windv.mourek.cz/

First try to reinstall the printer driver.

If that doesn't work try to do a System Restore to a date before your PC became infected. However, System Restore is notorious for not working when you need it most.

If you have an XP Installation disc then you can try System File Checker (SFC).
Start > Run > sfc /scannow
SFC will ask you to insert your XP Installation disc into the optical drive. Do so and SFC will run for half an hour or so. Hopefully it will repair the spooler files.

If SFC doesn't fix the problem do a Repair Install.
XP Repair Install instructions

If you don't have an XP Installation disc you may have to back up your important files and perform an XP Restore.

#3 peacerosetx

peacerosetx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:15 PM

Hi peacerosetx. windv.exe is not associated with the spooler. The malware probably broke your spooler, or maybe even PervX.

http://windv.mourek.cz/

First try to reinstall the printer driver.

If that doesn't work try to do a System Restore to a date before your PC became infected. However, System Restore is notorious for not working when you need it most.

If you have an XP Installation disc then you can try System File Checker (SFC).
Start > Run > sfc /scannow
SFC will ask you to insert your XP Installation disc into the optical drive. Do so and SFC will run for half an hour or so. Hopefully it will repair the spooler files.

If SFC doesn't fix the problem do a Repair Install.
XP Repair Install instructions

If you don't have an XP Installation disc you may have to back up your important files and perform an XP Restore.

Thanks a bunch WinCrazy will try it out and post back... I realized I posted to the wrong forim since I am on windows 2000 not XP Apologize for this

Peace.

trusting in the Lord...

Edited by peacerosetx, 05 September 2007 - 06:18 PM.

#4 peacerosetx

peacerosetx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:05 PM

Ok guys appreciate the feedback still having problems. checked out the spooler this seems fine,

1)looked at the docs on the web (I bought this laptop used and don't have the windows 2000 Professional CD's although found a place to download the drivers) but don't want to do that unless I know for certain it is the real problem--don't want to create more problems

2) found out that windows 2000 pro does not have a system restore

I guess I'll need help to do a restore on the 2000 pro but have not found any docs yet...

trusting in the Lord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users