Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only Ie 64 Can Browse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 creosole

creosole

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

Could be coincidence but just after I did a WindowsUpdate none of my programs could connect to the internet. Spybot can't find any servers and firefox and IE32 display blank windows or cannot find server messages. Msn can't connect either. When I close any of these programs I get an appfailed error.

The only program that works is IE 64 bit. I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64. I've tried a system restore to a time before the update but the problem persists. I've run Nod32 with no results.

I would appreciate any assistance with this issue. Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer creosole. :thumbsup:

When a Web Page opens completely blank in IE:

Close all running programs
Click Start
Click Run
Type in cmd
Click Okay
In the window that opens, type in regsvr32 actxprxy.dll (note the space between 32 and actxprxy)
Hit the Enter key
Now type in regsvr32 urlmon.dll (note the space between 32 and urlmon)
Hit the Enter key
Type in exit
Hit the Enter key

Now open Internet Explorer, and try opening some links.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#3 creosole

creosole
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:45 PM

Hey, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I reformatted before reading it. I spent hours with HP technical representatives trying to work it out and they told me I had to go back to factory settings. I will bookmark this page if it happens again and hopefully, someone else finds it useful. Again, thank you for taking the time to reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users