Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot Trouble And Then Some!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jeeper

jeeper

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:01 PM

Hello and thanks in advance for any help on this. My inlaws gave me a pc with xp. I started with a boot menu. I read the part about the power supply , changed power supply wires and then it showed a gateway window with on desk top icons or start button..I do have recovery disk.
any suggestions? thanks again!
jeeper.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:42 AM

If there is no important data on the computer then I think the easiest thing to do would be to wipe it and reinstall the operating system using the recovery disks. If you don't want to do that let us know and we can come up with some other suggestions.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 jeeper

jeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:27 AM

Hey thanks Budapest.
No nothing inportant on it. Before I read your reply this a.m. i had put the windows cd in. It messed around saying something about the hard disk drivers. I have some drivers, but this morning it let me get to a set up screen and r = repair and exit. Ok i hit repair then it wanted a adminastrative pass word. well on the set up page it says theres no pass word. So its justa setting over here in the floor. Hope this tell you something. Thnaks again for the help!
Jeeper

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:33 AM

If there is no Admin password just leave it blank and hit ENTER.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 jeeper

jeeper
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:55 AM

Ok I hit enter and got it to where it says it formating, its been doing this for 15 or 20 min. The process window is still at zero. It showing it still got like 19085 mb. But the set up for formatting process window is still @ zero. Is this normal?
thanks
jeeper..
as of 5 pm this thing is at 5% is this normal?
if not do i need to wipe it out if so how do i do this?
thanks

Edited by jeeper, 05 September 2007 - 07:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users