Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firewall/blackice

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jpbc9999

jpbc9999

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:38 PM

Where can I go to buy blackice...rather than DLing it. I want a box. I tried compusa and best buy. Niether of them carry it anymore. Did they stop printing copies for good. That would be foolish...PC idiots out there like me all over the place have to have a box with a disk. lmao. All my creditcards got cancled too...so I can't buy online. :thumbsup: That emoticon is hilarious.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:58 PM

I just did a google and dogpile search for you.
Appears only sold on-line now, so...

You could call around in your area to smaller shops, but they're not going
to have the latest versions.

:thumbsup:
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

I cracked up. I paid the cash with some one elses cc and dl'd the :flowers: software. I wanted a box. They have norton and mcaffee in boxes in stores. Are they any good? I got mcaffee on my pc...but I dont know if it actually does anything. What the heck do I do now that I got blackice. It has a hissy fit evrytime i click my mouse. Not sure how to use it... :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: Please refrain from using language that could be seen as offensive.

Edited by scarlett, 06 February 2005 - 11:54 PM.

#4 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 01:34 PM

I got and installed blackice. What now. Last night I almost blocked an intruder...twas my own router. If my buddy didn't tell me ida knocked myself offline minutes after installing the firewall. Now that its there how do I tell which intruders to allow and which ones are bad? The program is there...but im the weakest link. I have no clue how to effectively use it. It just alerted me to this intruder:

Blocked State, Intruder :inlove: :trumpet:
0, 67.18.36.227

Whats the deal with that :flowers: . I dunno if im gonna melt my hd or knock myself offline if I block it...??? Dunno who it is or what its doin there. thanks iss for not having a box with the idiot booklet there for people like me :thumbsup: . i hate pdf :cool: .

Edited by jpbc9999, 06 February 2005 - 01:35 PM.

#5 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:22 PM

Im serious. WTF do i do now that I got the lousy firewall. I got like a whole list of intruders...dunno what the hell to do...blok...for an hr ...month...forever. How do I know which ones are bad??? Cant tell me some one doesnt know about blackice. Is there a way to look them up? thanks. -joe

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:59 PM

Essentially you should not do anything. Blackice should block everything by default and what you are seeing are just logs of any suspicious activity.

From that message 0, 67.18.36.227 was that all the info it gave?

//Mod edit: Grinler: I just tried to merge three different posts on this same
subject by this same member. Only one merged successfully. ??? //

Edited by KoanYorel, 06 February 2005 - 10:07 PM.

#7 jpbc9999

jpbc9999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:00 PM

These are all the details:

IP: 67.18.36.227
DNS: imageshack.us

Now Ive gone and blocked a few things...I thknk ill go unblock them. So basically it takes care of itself and if anything really needs to be done itl ask? I dunno. Anyway...ty for dealin with firewall nub. -joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users