Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 canager

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

is this a malware? i tried Google search, nothing appeared. Here in d Startup database, it's also non-existent. if i'm not mistaken, i've only seen it at my msconfig this week or last week.

Also, RedSwoosh (a Firefox/torrent add on?) kept on appearing on startup (seen in the msconfig's StartUp tab & task Manager) even if i repeatedly deleted/disabled it. How do i get rid of it during startup?

in msconfig's StartUp tab, how do i remove from the list all those that i disabled. The list has been piling; the Enabled startup items are outnumbered by the DISABLED startup items.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,431 posts
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

You should be able to uninstall redwoosh directly from add or remove programs.

Fkguvwnoo.exe looks like a random named malware. You can always submit it to http://virusscan.jotti.org/ to see what some antivirus programs say it is.

For msconfig, you need to enable them, and then remove the entries using a program like autoruns. Just do not reboot once you enable them or they will start again. Simply enable the ones you want to remove, close msconfig, do not reboot when it asks, and use autoruns to remove the entries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users