Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vicious Virus/spyware Infection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rstrsac

rstrsac

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

Yesterday I opened IE because I was going to a web site that required I do so, and as the many pop ups that come along with this retarded version of IE showed up so I quickly tried to close out of them. Somehow I must have clicked a link on one of the pop ups and got the nastiest virus I've ever seen. At first I was unable to get to my task manager, my system properties, my control panel, my registry, my system restore, my default browser is now IE, My security center is disabled, and when I attempt to open these things in any form I get a message that reads, "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I also keep getting a pop up telling me my compter is transmitting important system info across the internet and I need to download this software to fix it. Obviously I don't want to do that, as those are probably the people that I got this god forsaken thing from. I managed to find a VB script to unlock my registry and was able to edit SOME of my registry to get my task manager back remove the majority of the spyware. After running Ad-Aware and spybot, I don't get any more problems while in safe mode but I still can't find a way to get all my system functions back, and I'm afraid when I boot into normal mode (as opposed to safe mode) the virus will return and I will be right back where I started. I will post my Hijack This log now and hopefully someone here will be able to help me out to get my system back to normal...

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 11:47:52 AM, on 9/4/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16512)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Sprint\Sprint PCS Connection Manager\CMSPCSUtilSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WgaTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Philips\Philips Device Manager\Bin\DeviceManager.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin\ClamTray.exe
C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [zBrowser Launcher] C:\Program Files\Logitech\iTouch\iTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PhilipsDM] "C:\Program Files\Philips\Philips Device Manager\Bin\DeviceManager.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dlder] C:\WINDOWS\explorer\Explorer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [D-Link AirPlus G] C:\Program Files\D-Link\AirPlus G\AirGCFG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CloneCDTray] "C:\Program Files\SlySoft\CloneCD\CloneCDTray.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ClamWin] "C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin\ClamTray.exe" --logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ANIWZCS2Service] C:\Program Files\ANI\ANIWZCS2 Service\WZCSLDR2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BitTorrent] "C:\Program Files\BitTorrent\bittorrent.exe" --force_start_minimized
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BgMonitor_{79662E04-7C6C-4d9f-84C7-88D8A56B10AA}] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\lib\NMBgMonitor.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Run IMVU - {d9288080-1baa-4bc4-9cf8-a92d743db949} - C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\Start Menu\Programs\IMVU\Run IMVU.lnk (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {8D9563A9-8D5F-459B-87F2-BA842255CB9A} (Whale Client Components) - https://employee.hmshost.com/InternalSite/WhlCompMgr.cab
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - C:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
O23 - Service: Sprint PCS v3 Utility Service - Sprint Spectrum, L.L.C - C:\Program Files\Sprint\Sprint PCS Connection Manager\CMSPCSUtilSvc.exe

--
End of file - 5044 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aaflac

Aaflac

Doin' Dis 'n Dat...

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:18 AM

Apologies for the delay in responding.

The workload on this forum is intense, and sometimes it is not possible to respond to every inquiry.

Please download ComboFix.exe

Save it to the Desktop

Double-click combofix.exe to run the program
Follow the prompts.
(Don't click on the window while the program is running, it may cause your system to stall.)

When finished, a log, ComboFix.txt, is produced.

~~~~
Now, run HijackThis once again to obtain a new log.

~~~~
Please post the ComboFix.txt, and a new HijackThis log in your reply.

Old duck...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users