Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Generally Running Slow

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 woz_18

woz_18

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:32 AM

Right

I've read through various points on the sight for running slow.

I have an Acer 5000 laptop, running windows XP, SP2.

I mentioned on another thread that after installing Norton anti-virus it's been running slow and i was getting an error message. I can't connect my personal laptop at work so this is from a work machine, but I have access to my laptop. (Here with me)

I've defragged the machine, cleaned up the disc and deleted any old programs. The laptop runs fine when started, so I ran a anti virus scan and Lavasoft Ad-were in safe mode and it picked up on various pieces. My friend at work is now as we speak running another spy ware/ad-ware program taht has picked up on various pits, but I have various processes in the task manager running under my username that i haven't started and Norton anti virus is not running at all.

Another small thing is I keep losing the battery icon from my taskbar and also a server busy/switch to error, but I can't find out what program this relates to, is this an indication of something else?

I think I've seen posts on here where people can upload a 'log' of what's going on etc.

What should I look at next? Should I completely uninstall norton even though it's cost me like 40.

I just need pointing in the right direction.

Cheers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:23 PM

Hi woz_18. Have you read thru this ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...hl=slow+machine

If so, what were the results ?

#3 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 09 September 2007 - 12:37 AM

if tat doesn't work, prolly next thing to do is post a HiJack this log.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users