Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rundll32.exe Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 madtowngurl

madtowngurl

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:37 PM

Just wondering if someone can help me and my guy...
Our hp ze 5200 laptop computer has issues all of a sudden. We have ran virus scans of every sort, and also ran the computers own c drive virus scan, and came up with errors which are now fixed, but the computer is still runing very strange. We also tried SmitFraudFix in safe mode, and ccleaner, and still all same issue.
We were going to just start over again with the windows xp program, but there are way to many things on this computer to just give. (My guy is in music production, and has loops and entire songs on here)

The main issues we are having are a lot of clickable links on webpages will not work. Some will.

The other is the Media Player 11 will not work and comes up with a dll error wheneer we try to use it.

And when the computer is shutting down, it takes a really long time, and then an error comes up that says something to do with rundll32.exe error.

A lot of the music websites he goes to will not allow him to play the music, which is just getting really annoying!

I have triued to decipher all of the other posts pertaining to some of these issues, but all of them have hijackthis logs, and I have no clue what all of those are. I don't even know how to get that information. Am computer literate to a certain extent, but these just confuse me.

HELP! PLEASE!

Thanks in advance.
Jennifer
Don't make me mad, or I'll stab you with my gun!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,571 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:20 AM

The rundll32.exe file may have been damaged by the viruses you removed. Try running the System File Checker (sfc), which will hopefully repair the file (and any other damaged system files).

How to Use SFC.EXE to Repair System Files
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:58 AM

Hi madtowngurl. See if this applies to your system.

Why You May Not be able to Run SFC

#4 madtowngurl

madtowngurl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

I could not run SFC.EXE because I do not have the Windows XP start up disk, and I cannot find "i386" on the computer anywhere. No idea where to look in the hidden partitions.
Any other ideas?
Don't make me mad, or I'll stab you with my gun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users