Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista: Fax / Scan Software Compatible With Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:59 PM

As Windows Fax and Scan facility only applies to Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate, is there a recomended alternative (free) software program for Home Premium ??

Vista "Boot Safe Mode" When I used XP, I had a program that enabled an automatic "boot" that gave the option of booting into Safe Mode, without having to restart the system with your finger hovering over the F5 or F8 key to kick it into Safe Mode. Is there such a software for Vista?

A few "mixed" questions that I could really do with some answersfor ...please...

I know that the folowing questions do not neccesarilly fall into this Vista related forum, but having searched for answers and come up empty handed, I thought I might try my luck here.. Is there a specific forum / site where you can post multiple questions varying from Google to Vista to Firefox - basically a general forum??

I know that there are some, but having posted in these forums I noticed that many of the subject "latest post" is often well over a month or so ago which signifies a severe lack of members.

Re: Google - I have been trying to make google search results open in a new tab using the about:config

browser.search.openintab change to "true".

Although it is now set to "true" is hasn't made the results open in new tab. Is there another method for doing this??

Re: Windows - How do you make new windows open fully instead of the annoying small window that does not have the minimize / maximize button

Posted Image

Re: Firefox - how do i get the tab scroll buttons to be on the left and right of the tab bar instead of just on the right side:-

Posted Image

Re: HP Laptop Battery (Low / Critical) Alarm Sound Notification. Although I have set a sound wave for critical alarm notification, it does not work - although when clicking on "Test" the wave sound plays. Why doesn't it actually work when the battery is low?? :-

Posted Image

My apologies for all these questions but I just don't know where else I can post multiple questions in one forum. So if there is an alternative option, please let me know.

Huge thanks
Nat :huh:

XP Professional FIrefox 3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users