Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

These Files Cannot Be Scanned

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xVolkaNx

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

as this being my first post to this forum, sorry if i posted it in the wrong section.

i tried scanning these files on virusscan.jotti and on all my other antispyware and antivirus but they wont scan them

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcrst.dll... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\DataStore.edb... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\edb.log... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore\Logs\tmp.edb... file could not be scanned!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd.sys... file could not be scanned!

i think i know symlcrst.dll cant be scanned cause its my nortons firewall of some sort but the others i dont know. help appreciated as my computer is acting really slow.

Edited by xVolkaNx, 03 September 2007 - 01:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 annabackwards

• Members
  • 1,381 posts
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:27 AM

Your scanner should be able to scan everything, regardless of what program it belongs to.

Please read the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log thread up and complete steps that you haven't already done until Step 9.

Then download the new version of HijackThis from here. Then unzip/extract hijackthis.zip.
If you are unsure how to unzip/extract, a link showing how to can be found by clicking here

Then create a permanent folder and move hijackthis.exe into it. The reason for this is because HijackThis creates backups and they may be deleted they are in a temp-folder.
How to make a permanent folder:
  • Click My Computer, then C:\ and then on Program Files.
  • In the menu bar (2nd bar from the top) select File>New>Folder.
  • That will create a folder named New Folder, which you can rename to "HJT" or "HijackThis".
  • Now you have C:\Program Files\HijackThis. Put your HijackThis.exe there by copying and pasting. I would recommend you create a shortcut for HijackThis for easy access. Just right HijackThis and select create shortcut. Copy and paste that shortcut onto the desktop.
Please be patient, as there are a limited number of helpers and a lot of demand for help. Also, do NOT bump your topic, as the HJT team members work on a first come first serve basis, and if you bump your topic by replying to your thread. If you do so, they will assume someone is already helping you as your thread does not have '0' replies.

If no one replies after 5 days, please post the link to your HijackThis thread Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?, Post your link thread.

Edited by annabackwards, 07 September 2007 - 02:48 AM.

Posted Image

Surf smarter, surf faster, surf safer, surf with Mozilla Firefox

#3 jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:51 AM

Have you tried scanning in Safe Mode?
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 xVolkaNx

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 07:00 PM

late response, i scanned in safe mode but still this file cant be scanned C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\sptd.sys

#5 TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:59 PM

Hi xVolkaNx,

Since you have a HJT log posted in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, you shouldn't make any changes to your system.
Doing so, could change the results of the posted log, making it difficult to properly clean your system.

At this point, the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

This topic will now be closed, since you have an open log posted.
If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users