Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xp Error Messgae

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 woz_18

woz_18

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:38 AM

Right I'm not an IT guru, but I'm not too bad.

This may well be in the wrong thread, so any admin please move if this is the case.

After installing Norton, before anyone says I know, a crap software option, not only is my Acer Laptop running slow, an issue I'll deal with seperately, in my wifes Login more and in my login not so often, I keep getting a 'Switch to..' error message come up.

It says server busy and when you click either rety or cancel it simply pops straight back up and opens the start application chooser.

I've tried the task manager to see what's running, but nothing is running. I've even looked through the msconfig to see if I can notice anything blatantly obvious, but to be honest I have no real idea of what to look for.

Bascially i want to know what the error message relates to, but there is no code or any application reference.

Any ideas?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• Members
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:17 AM

Hi woz_18. There is certainly the right forum for your question.

Norton/Symantec has a hundred programs. Which one have you installed ?

What version of XP are you using ? (SP1, SP2) Is XP Automatic Updates enabled ?

Please show the complete "Switch to" message. Please show the complete "Server busy" message.

#3 woz_18

woz_18
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:25 AM

Cheers for the reply, I'm actually on my work Laptop as we speak, so I will have to post an image of it as soon as I'm home.

After reading several other threads I may well uninstall Norton and do away with it all together, although I suspect that this may be another issue.

Thanks for the reply, when i post the image I llok forward to you pointing me in the right direction.

Computers! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users