Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 fsnov06

fsnov06

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:47 AM

Hi. I seem to have some kind of virus which my avast antivirus detects when:
(1) I connect a usb drive to my laptop and try to access it via "My Computer" (but not if I go to My Documents and select the drive from the drop down menu) - but the usb when scanned is clean
(2) when I restart my laptop; and
(3) when I scan my machine for viruses using a range of anti virus scanning software.

Avast says that the virus type is: Win32:Trojan-gen {other}

I have scanned my c drive and usb drives with avast, clamwin, komodo, panda online scan, mcafee stinger and spybot but each time no virus or problem is detected in the report. However, when I do the virus scans (not the spyware scans), avast does detect a something arising, but when I try to delete it, it doesn't seem to go away.

The general file names that avast detects on restart/connection to usb drive are:

C:WINDOWS\system32\bhoplugin.dll
C:WINDOWS\system32\kernel16.dll,

However, whilst I scan with another antivirus program other than avast, avast does detect virus files that bear the name of that antivirus scanning program - e.g. a filename with clamwin in the title when I am scanning with that program. As I said, the trojan does not seem to come up with the spybot or mcafee stinger scans.

So it seems to me that the problem is masked behind these files?

I got your help last year for a different problem, and since have followed your advice and run avast, spybot checks regularly and use Zone Alarm firewall. I am currently overeseas and so don't get to update these that often - so a problem may have sneaked in via usb drive. I have a few days window here where I am near a "broadband" (kind of) connection, via internet cafes, so I'd appreciate your help.

Here is the hijack this log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 8:53:18 PM, on 2/09/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\OPXPApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ZcfgSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\1XConfig.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\BtnHnd\BtnHnd.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\Fujitsu Hotkey Utility\IndicatorUty.exe
C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\Application Panel\QuickTouch.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Fingerprint Sensor\AtSwpNav.exe
C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\scureapp.exe
C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\updnavi\updnavi.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Recycler.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BlueSoleil.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.BIN
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = about:blank
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: DriveLetterAccess - {5CA3D70E-1895-11CF-8E15-001234567890} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswshx.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: QUICKfind BHO Object - {C08DF07A-3E49-4E25-9AB0-D3882835F153} - C:\PROGRA~1\TEXTware\QUICKF~1\PlugIns\IEHelp.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LtMoh] C:\Program Files\ltmoh\Ltmoh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadBtnHnd] C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\BtnHnd\BtnHnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IndicatorUtility] C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\Fujitsu Hotkey Utility\IndicatorUty.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadFujitsuQuickTouch] C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\Application Panel\QuickTouch.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelWireless] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe /tf Intel PROSet/Wireless
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EOUApp] C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dla] C:\WINDOWS\system32\dla\tfswctrl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATSwpNav] C:\Program Files\Fingerprint Sensor\AtSwpNav.exe -run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OmniPass] C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\scureapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FJUPDNV_Chitose] C:\Program Files\Fujitsu\updnavi\updnavi.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BigPondCable] "C:\Program Files\Telstra\Cable Login\bpcable.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrueImageMonitor.exe] C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImage\TrueImageMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ZoneAlarm Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Recycled] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Recycler.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTSyncU.exe] "C:\Program Files\Creative\Sync Manager Unicode\CTSyncU.exe"
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: BlueSoleil.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.pc-ap.fujitsu.com/
O16 - DPF: {0EB0E74A-2A76-4AB3-A7FB-9BD8C29F7F75} (CKAVWebScan Object) - http://www.kaspersky.com/kos/eng/partner/d...can_unicode.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel16.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: BlueSoleil Hid Service - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
O23 - Service: BigPond Broadband Cable Login (bpcService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Telstra\Cable Login\bpcService.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: EvtEng - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Softex OmniPass Service (omniserv) - Softex Inc. - C:\Program Files\Softex\OmniPass\Omniserv.exe
O23 - Service: OwnershipProtocol - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\OProtSvc.exe
O23 - Service: RegSrvc - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
O23 - Service: SecuROM User Access Service (UserAccess) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\UAService.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe

--
End of file - 9287 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 amateur

amateur

Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 10 September 2007 - 08:53 AM

Hello and welcome to BC. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the delay in getting to you. If you haven't already received help elsewhere and still need help, please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to help you.

#3 amateur

amateur

Malware Fighter

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:46 PM

Due to lack of response, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please PM me with the address of the thread.and we will reopen it for you. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users