Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Steam-counterstrike: Reliable Channel Overflowed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WarHero

WarHero

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:05 AM

Hi All,
I use a broadband connection 256Kbps. I am able to connect to steam (for Counter Strike) without any problem. When i connect to any server after 10 - 15 mins I receive a message saying Reliable Channel Overflowed and I am disconnected from the server. I retry connecting, it is successful and this message doesnt come up again ever till I restart steam and cs. My friend is on the same broadband and connects to the same servers which i connect to but has not faced this problem ever. I was told that if the MOTD is big in size this can happen, but why not in his case.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks,
WarHero

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Monty007

Monty007

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:14 PM

Here is a interesting link http://www.gamers-union.net/forums/showthread.php?t=285 I also read a few other posts in forums and the only fix looks like a full reinstall.....not good news.
MCP
MSDST

#3 WarHero

WarHero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 02:19 AM

Thanks mate. Helpful link.

#4 WarHero

WarHero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

Oops....
Tried reinstall of Steam. Also as per the link tried deleting the config file. No use. Still the same problem.
When I open the Local Area Connection Icon,I notice that there is no data transfer happening. I can say the the ISP is fine as I have no peoblem when I use any other application. So when this Reliable Channel Overflowed error happens, my LAN shows no data transfer.

Any help? Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users