Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Burning A Cd Issue

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 redsox25

redsox25

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:02 AM

Well i went to burn a CD with music i got of the wonderful word of the world wide web. As far as i can tell there is no leince on the music. So when i went to durn this music, i pop in the blank CD and when i hit "burn" in WMP it apeared to work. However the little bar that lights up telling you the stats of each song as it is burn never lit up... So i was a little suspicious. Instead of lighting up it just said "writing to disk" .... So it goes though each song and it "finalize disk" and my disk drive pops open and i stick the CD in my CD player and it has it as one track thats 24mins long and it doesnt play any audio. I burned it as a MP3 and then in WMA... So im stumped... please help... Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Johnathan Lyman

Johnathan Lyman

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

You don't want to burn it as either MP3 OR WMA.

I'll assume you are running vista and WMP 11 for this, even though the settings are pretty much the same.

When you click on the BURN button (not arrow) you'll get a list on the right hand side. Drag your media to that list and arrange it in the order you want.

If nothing comes up, you have not titles or artists in the ID3 tags of your MP3 files. don't worry yet.

Pop in a disc, ignore any pop up window that comes up asking what you wish to do.

Check your settings by clicking on the ARROW below BURN and choosing MORE OPTIONS. make sure DO NOT CONVERT is selected. It will write it as a normal audio CD if that is selected.

Close that window and click START BURN and you should be good.

If you have any other problems, let me know!
Johnathan Lyman
Keep On Rockin'!

"I know my computer like the back of my hand, so don't go telling me I don't know what's going on."
www.johnathanlyman.com

#3 redsox25

redsox25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

Ok, so now that i have time i looked into this...

^ That wasn't the problem, but thanks for the suggestion. I think i found the problem tho ... I just dont know how to fix it. Just a recap of my problem, I burned a live CD and when i put it in the CD player, it just has it as a 1-35min track and doesnt make any sound... However, what i found is when i put it in the DVD player, it proms to pick witch cd i want to play, and then it props me to pick a song from that cd....So i want to know how to make it so it play all the music w/o having to pick what i want to hear. I hope all this make since :huh:

#4 pattirose

pattirose

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2007 - 11:52 AM

That might not have been his problem but it was mine and with your instructions it now works. I must have wasted 20 cds beforehand! Thanks.

#5 redsox25

redsox25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Bump, still nothing :huh:

#6 pattirose

pattirose

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2007 - 12:11 AM

I had the exact same problem - try this:
Go into your windows files (the windows symbol - bottom let corner) and click on music. All your music files will come up, click on burn, you'll get a box that says insert disc, insert disc, then you'll get a box that says prepare this blank disc, in it you have the option to click next or cancel and if you look to the left you will see an down arrow that says show formatting options, click on that and choose"mastered" NOT "live file".
And that's what worked for me. Good luck!

#7 redsox25

redsox25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:46 AM

Thanks, im not at home now so ill have to wait till i get back home and ill let you know how it goes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users