Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Ip Got Tracked By A Hacker Help Me

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 general grievous

general grievous

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:22 AM

hi guys, my problem is that i got ADSL, fixed ip adress, and a hacker got it, now i guess hes gonna make a hell of my life because i won't feel confident imputting any password or whatever i used to do in my computer :thumbsup: guys please tell me if theres a way to get that loser lost. btw my comp has the deepfreezer installed and running

EDIT: i got the windows xp professional edition(XPized) i dunno if that could help you help me if i specify the OC im using. i got AVG 7.5 as antivirus, Spybot search and destroy.

Edited by general grievous, 03 September 2007 - 01:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 arcman

arcman

• Members
  • 706 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:34 AM

Explain what you mean by "a hacker got your IP".
Someone getting your IP address is a completely trivial matter, any time you connect to a website, any time you connect to various chat services your IP will be quite easy to look up. Just because someone knows your IP doesn't necessarily mean your computer security has been compromised.

The first thing you need to make sure of is that you're running a firewall. If you have a wired or wireless router that will afford you some built-in firewall protection, XP Service Pack 2 also comes with a built-in firewall. There are also a few free firewalls listed in this thread. Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps.
Posted Image

#3 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 02:18 AM

Explain what you mean by "a hacker got your IP".
Someone getting your IP address is a completely trivial matter, any time you connect to a website, any time you connect to various chat services your IP will be quite easy to look up. Just because someone knows your IP doesn't necessarily mean your computer security has been compromised.

The first thing you need to make sure of is that you're running a firewall. If you have a wired or wireless router that will afford you some built-in firewall protection, XP Service Pack 2 also comes with a built-in firewall. There are also a few free firewalls listed in this thread. Freeware Replacements for Common Commercial Apps.

Description of my problem: i was playing my online game( online games characters could be really expensive so ppl wanna hack you all the time) and a guy told in the chat to visit some page for free items and stuff, so odd, but my friend visited the site, and the hacker said throug the character he was using: ty, and inmediately after that he spelled my ip adress in front of me. hmmm that could result in that guy sending me keyloggers, they will get erased after reboot(i got deep freezer) but will i be vulnerable to hacker's attacks during my gaming like the guy logging the keys i press or sumthing? i also use to make master card payments throug internet, the game was just the starting point, the thing im really afraid of is that guy hacking my master card info. if you got to make an specific question go ahead and do it.

EDIT: my internet company provided me a kind of hybrid of modem/router, its a single device that makes all the work, my pc is directly connected to it.

Edited by general grievous, 03 September 2007 - 02:21 AM.

#4 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:35 AM

my friend visited the site, and the hacker said throug the character he was using: ty, and inmediately after that he spelled my ip adress in front of me. hmmm that could result in that guy sending me keyloggers, they will get erased after reboot(i got deep freezer) but will i be vulnerable to hacker's attacks during my gaming like the guy logging the keys i press or sumthing?

As arcman was saying, you dont need to worry about hiding or changing your ip address. It is not related to security problems. As long as you a ) make sure you have a firewall, antivirus and antispyware in place and scan regularly, b ) keep up with critical updates, c ) be careful while surfing unfamiliar websites, d ) avoid downloading free stuff unless its recommended by a trusted source, e ) dont open email attachments from people you dont know, you should be fine.

Here are a couple of informative tutorials:
Safely Connecting a Computer to the Internet
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

This is usually plenty of security for casual use of the internet.

That said, if you are still very concerned about hiding your ip address, you can look into setting up a proxy server. This is probably overkill in your situation though.

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#5 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:14 AM

In the "All other applications" section, there is a free program,Keyscrabler, that scrambles your passwords when you enter them. If you are that worried you might want to try it. I use it, is a link for it..HERE is a link for it. :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#6 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:15 AM

my friend visited the site, and the hacker said throug the character he was using: ty, and inmediately after that he spelled my ip adress in front of me. hmmm that could result in that guy sending me keyloggers, they will get erased after reboot(i got deep freezer) but will i be vulnerable to hacker's attacks during my gaming like the guy logging the keys i press or sumthing?

As arcman was saying, you dont need to worry about hiding or changing your ip address. It is not related to security problems. As long as you a ) make sure you have a firewall, antivirus and antispyware in place and scan regularly, b ) keep up with critical updates, c ) be careful while surfing unfamiliar websites, d ) avoid downloading free stuff unless its recommended by a trusted source, e ) dont open email attachments from people you dont know, you should be fine.

Here are a couple of informative tutorials:
Safely Connecting a Computer to the Internet
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

This is usually plenty of security for casual use of the internet.

That said, if you are still very concerned about hiding your ip address, you can look into setting up a proxy server. This is probably overkill in your situation though.

well, i am using the antivirus i said below, i just downloaded comodo firewall, just left the antispyware, ima trust ya and ima stay calm, well just tell me if possible a link where i could download a trustable free antispyware :thumbsup:

#7 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:22 AM

yeah ima try out that key scrambler and ima tell you how it does. ty guys im learning to valorate the help forums, i got a decent ammount of experience with computers, but at internet security i'm still a newbie. xD

#8 jhsmurray

jhsmurray

• Members
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 05:49 AM

well, i am using the antivirus i said below, i just downloaded comodo firewall, just left the antispyware, ima trust ya and ima stay calm, well just tell me if possible a link where i could download a trustable free antispyware :flowers:

Sure, have a look at Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps :thumbsup:

Acer Aspire 5732z
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon, 2200 MHz
RAM: 3 GB
Display: Mobile Intel GMA 4500M

#9 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:09 AM

In the "All other applications" section, there is a free program,Keyscrabler, that scrambles your passwords when you enter them. If you are that worried you might want to try it. I use it, is a link for it..HERE is a link for it. :thumbsup:

i managed to download keyscrambler pro 1.3.2 but the activation code is still missing, could u give it to me so i activete it?

Edited by general grievous, 03 September 2007 - 06:10 AM.

#10 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:26 PM

Did you download the Personal version? I don't think you have to activate it, you can purchase it if you want to, but I don't remember activating anything. I just loaded it up and let it go.
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#11 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:27 AM

Did you download the Personal version? I don't think you have to activate it, you can purchase it if you want to, but I don't remember activating anything. I just loaded it up and let it go.

:thumbsup: what you say is right, with personal version you dont need to activate anything, but it only covers your keystrokes when you go onto a web site, and not everyone, just when the program detects that in that page are some spaces destinated to imput e mails, codes or watever, get it? ok.

But what i need is a version of that same program or someother that works under the same idea of scrambling what you write but with the adition that it works for EVERY keystroke you make and not only on some websites, i use to play videogames that can be set to full screen or windowed, (take a look to www.conqueronline.com) when you execute the game, the first thing you'll see is a window with a list of servers, you choose the one you play in, and then on the lower-left corner you will see two spaces that are there to imput your ID and your password, when i imput that info into the game's window the keyscrambler doesn't scramble anything, and if i were under a keylogger sourveilance in that precise moment, i will get hacked as result of it :flowers: i hope you get my idea-.- and recommend to me the exact program that i need. tyvm

#12 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,250 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:27 AM

Hmm...
maybe the pay for version will do that. I don't play online so I've never had a need for that version.. sorry. :thumbsup:
Ronald Reagan

#13 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:18 PM

:flowers: well ty guys, at the moment i downloaded those programs u said, i don't worry anymore for a game or card hacker, all i got to do is pay for key scrambler pro for some more insurance of my data.

WELL, i guess this helped me fixing my problem.

To the admin guy: heya man i think that its time to close this topic, as far as i see my problem had been fixed.

TYVM guys i really apreciate ur help. :thumbsup: :trumpet:

#14 daffsbro

daffsbro

• Members
  • 123 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:31 PM

now that your problems fixed, What game did this happen on?

#15 general grievous

general grievous
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:49 PM

now that your problems fixed, What game did this happen on?

it happened on conquer online 2.0 :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users