Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Version Of Ie Is Not Always Correctly Identified!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlong611

rlong611

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:12 AM

This issue has occured before and I have no idea what it is or how to fix it. I am running IE6 on XP SP2. Sometimes, I get messages telling me that my version of IE is less than 5.0? I have checked and double checked and IE says it is version 6... I have had this PC since Oct. 2003 and I wonder if there is another older version lurking somewhere? In example, I attempted to download a free tool on McAfee tonight and this is the message I received...

"To download and install McAfee software, your computer must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or later. To upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer, visit the Microsoft Web site at: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads."

Any ideas?

Thanks.

~Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum~ TMacK

Edited by TMacK, 03 September 2007 - 12:32 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 A+ Certified Tech

A+ Certified Tech

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:33 AM

What does your add/remove programs tell you? To stop that problem, you could just download the new Internet Explorer 7.0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users