Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Says To Get Administrator Permission?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Chaves

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:59 PM

I can not install anything or do anything its like being on a limited account.

Everyone time i try to do something it says u have to be on an administrator account in order to do that or something

Like that. I KNOW i am an administrator and im not sure what to do. Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  • Local time:09:47 PM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 11:16 PM

Go to the welcome screen, press ctrl+alt+delete twice, with all accounts logged out fully, and type in "administrator" in the box that shows up. Then from there make a new account with administrator permissions from there, and see if the new account is glitched. If it does work, then move all your personal files and settings from the first account to the new account, and then delete the first one.

#3 Chaves

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 09:35 AM

Thanks but when logged into an administrator account and when i try to scan it says

You need to have administrator privaliges to do so.

#4 1101doc

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Local time:08:47 PM

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

This is a very common symptom of malware infection.
I strongly suggest that you go here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

After completing that procedure, post a HiJackThis log here:

You will be assisted by an experienced malware removal expert.

If problems remain after your helper has given you a clean bill of health, post back here, and we will assist in getting everything sorted.
Neurons that fire together, wire together.
posted with Opera

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users