Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Simple Question On Accessing A Dvr From Somewhere Else

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 8100 Power

8100 Power

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 09:42 PM

I've figured out on how to access my DVR from my LAN that it is set up on. Now, When i go to my house. If i type in the same ip address like im doing now, will it still access it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 madman6510

madman6510

• Members
  • 384 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 12:03 AM

If you are still on the same LAN, then yes.

If you aren't on the same LAN, then you will need to use some kind of remote desktop software (Gotomypc is good, but you have to pay), or maybe a VPN (Not sure how these work or if they give you full network access, so don't ask me about it).

#3 8100 Power

8100 Power
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2007 - 07:13 AM

If you are still on the same LAN, then yes.

If you aren't on the same LAN, then you will need to use some kind of remote desktop software (Gotomypc is good, but you have to pay), or maybe a VPN (Not sure how these work or if they give you full network access, so don't ask me about it).

Ok, Thanks....

I know theres a way to do it, Ill talk with Tech Support in the morning i guess and see what they say about it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users