Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dededina

Dededina

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:04 AM

I have I guess, an older model Gateway computer. But I have a 22" HP monitor. I am wondering if it is possible to put in a new video card, or whatever, to help it work better. Sometimes the monitor gets real fuzzy, then maybe piles of lines if I don't shut the puter down. Maybe I need more video memory, have no darn idea. Nor, how to put more video memory in here :thumbsup:
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dededina, 05 February 2005 - 10:05 AM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:13 PM

There is no way to add more video memory unfortunately. Trying a new video card may work, but it could be the monitor as well.

Also do youhave anything near the monitor that draws a lot of electricity? Electrical currents can affect a monitor.

#3 Dededina

Dededina
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:05 AM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:54 PM

Hmm, thought another video card might help, wasn't sure. The only electrical stuff near the monitor is the outlet it's plugged into. So, will change the outlets. Electric here is screwed up. Have the puter speakers next to it, but heard that was ok. If not, will move them too.
Thank you very much.
Posted Image

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:36 PM

Just turn the speakers off and see if the problems continue. It could very well be the monitor or the video card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users