Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pcsecuritylab

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 orthoman

orthoman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 07:32 AM

Dear all,

My computer became infected with the pcsecuritylab trojan/spyware last week and I've spent countless hours trying to to fix it. I've made some progress (with running Adaware, search and destroy and the smitfraud remover) and my computer no longer tells me that the taskmanager has been disabled by an "administrator" ... but the computer still seems to be running unusually slowly and I'm not confident that I'm rid of the nasty pcsecuritylab. I was therefore hoping for some expert assistance.
I am not familiar with "hijackthis" or "combofix" which I've seen mentioned on some posts on this forum... and so wasnt sure what to run first or what to post on this form to enable you to help me.

I would be extremely grateful for your assistance ....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rookie147

rookie147

• Members
  • 5,321 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:53 AM

Hello orthoman and welcome to BleepingComputer
Although the computer is running slowly, it does not necessarily mean that there is still malware present on your system. Take a look at the following link:
Slow Computer/browser? Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware
Try all of the steps outlined there, before posting your HijackThis log aftewards using the link provided if you experience no change in performance. Make sure you use our HijackThis Log and Analysis Forum for your logfile. After posting a log you should NOT make further changes to your computer except those that are advised by a member of the HijackThis Team; doing so can cause system changes that may not be visible in your log. Please be patient whilst waiting for a response, our HJT Team is currently very busy, and as we try to deal with logs on a "first come first served" basis, you may have to wait a short while.

If you are pleased with the service I have offered, you may like to consider making a donation. Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users